- (Day 1)
Accra – Tamale (by air) – Damongo (125km/3hrs)
Early morning pick up from your lodging for a transfer to the Kotoka Airport to board a flight to Tamale.
On arrival in Tamale, guests will be met by a local representative for a 2 hour transfer to the Damongo.
After lunch, spend the rest of the afternoon relaxing at Mole National Park, which is truly a treasure. Home to over 90 species of mammals, a visit to the park is one of the best ways to view Ghana’s extensive selection of fauna. The park is located in the Northern grassland savanna and is incredibly important to Ghanaians and research scientists alike.
In the late afternoon, experience an hour’s safari drive through the park.
Overnight stay in Damongo
Experience a morning walking/driving safari for an unforgettable opportunity to view elephants and other animals in the park. The grounds, which make up the largest national park in Ghana, are home to 93 species of mammals, including herds of elephant, buck and a wide range of bird life (approximately 300 species).
After lunch at the Lodge, make your way over to the Mognori Eco Village, a site that promotes sustainable development for the benefit of the important species in the area as well as the local people. The site is truly a place for learning and getting to know the villagers and activities such as dance performances an introduction to the making of Shea butter as well as home stays can be arranged.
Spend the rest of the day free at the Lodge
Damongo – Tamale – Accra
Wake up in the morning to the sights and sounds of the park and to view the elephants and other protected species of the game reserve.
Depart for Tamale to board a return flight to Accra
On arrival, a representative of Blastours will meet guests for a transfer to your lodging.
No overnight stay
- Overnight lodging within the Mole National park
- Driving and Walking Safaris to view wildlife
- Spotting of African elephants, green (velvet) monkeys, birds, kob antelopes, warthogs and many more
- A visit to the Mognori Eco-Village to experience their way of life
- Meet with locals, learn the art of making shea butter
- Experience a canoe safari on the Mole River
- Visit the 13th century Larabanga Mosque
- All airport transfers
- Domestic flight to and from Tamale
- Accommodation within the park
- Breakfast daily
- Bottled drinking water on vehicle at all times
- Transportation to all listed attractions
- Boat ride along the Mole River
- Driving and walking safaris at the Mole National Park
- Visit to the Mognori Eco-Village
- Local guides services
Book a Tour
Contact us for a customized itinerary and costing to meet your specific requirements. Group discounts available.
Fields marked with * are required