Leave Accra to Cape Coast through several fishing villages. Visit the 14th century castles in Cape Coast and Elmina. Learn about these spectacular castles made from stones imported from Europe. Learn the history from experienced guides and feel it tremble through your feet.
Date: 2020 – 2021 Group size: 2+ Adults
Duration: Weekend Trip Tour cost: from $340.00 per pax
- A walk on the Kakum canopy walkway
- Visit the Cape Coast & Elmina Castles
- Cooking workshop
- Discover the archaeological site of old Elmina
- Visit the Mpoben Fish Market
- Tour the 19th Century Merchant House.
- A boat ride on the ocean along the Elmina Coastline.
- And many more.
(Day 1) Accra – Kakum – Cape Coast
Start the day with an early morning trip to the Central Region along a coastline marked with forts. On arrival, we visit the Kakum National Park comprising undisturbed virgin rainforest. We also stopover at Hans Botel, a resort partly built on stilts on a river with crocodiles and lots of bird life. Also stopover at the local Palm factory to witness the process of making palm oil and by products. Continue to the Cape Coast Castle, one of the best-preserved castles and its West African Historical Museum. End the day with a cooking class for our dinner. Overnight stay at the Kokodo Guest House (or similar) in Cape Coast (L/D)
(Day 2) Elmina – Accra
Start the day with a visit to the Elmina Castle built in 1482 by the Portuguese. Take a walk through the Elmina township to view some homes built in colonial style and also to experience the lifestyle of the Fantis. This will include a visit to the fish market and the Asafo Shrines, where warriors prepared mentally and spiritually before going to war. End the tour with a boatride along the Atlantic Ocean. Return to Accra with a stopover the fantasy coffin makers en route. No overnight stay (B/L).
Rates per person reduces with an increase in group size.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Lodging at a descent guesthouse
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- B = Breakfast L = Lunch D = Dinner
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees to all sites named in the programme
- 30 minute boatride on the Atlantic Ocean (life jacket included)
- Local guide’s services
- Driver/guide’s allowance
Contact us for a customized itinerary and costing to meet your specific requirements